[Mageia-i18n] Ping: Mageia Turkish translation team

atilla ontas tarakbumba at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 11:09:53 CEST 2011

2011/6/10 Remco Rijnders <remco at webconquest.com>:

> Dear Numan, Atilla, Alev, Can, Cem, Murat, and Ufuk,
>
> Last week saw the succesful first release of the Mageia distribution.
> The Mageia Project, created with the objective of launching a new
> community based Linux distribution, was started last September. Since
> then many people have worked hard in getting this first release out and
> much work was done setting up the needed infrastructure, packaging,
> internationalisation efforts, etc.
> Internationalisation is very import for the success of Mageia in the
> international community in general and for speakers of your language in
> particular. It helps those who are not too comfortable with using foreign
> languages as well as those who like to use a system which is consistently
> and correctly available in their native language.
>
> I send you this email as I am a member of the internationalisation team
> and we've noticed at one point you expressed interest in helping (and
> perhaps even were active) with the localisation of our blogs, website
> and programs (see also
> http://www.mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=translators:registered_people )
> into Turkish.
>
> Unfortunately we haven't heard recently from you or anyone on this
> language team and this means that the aforementioned items aren't
> available in your language or are only partially translated. As we do
> try to be as inclusive as possible and as userfriendly as possible, we'd
> love to have you as an active member in our i18n-team.
>
> We understand that there can be many reasons why you didn't participate
> till now or no longer are active. Reasons can vary from lack of time and
> interest to unclearity over the process or tools to be followed and
> used.
>
> If you have any concerns that prevent you from participating, please get
> in touch with us so we can see how we can best address these concerns
> and get you started (once again). The i18n-team is being led by Oliver
> Burger <obgr_seneca at mageia.org> and Rémi Verschelde
> <rverschelde at gmail.com>. If you prefer you can also contact me and I'll
> see how I can best help you.
>
> Should you no longer be interested or able to help us out, I'd
> appreciate a short reply from you as well so we can remove your name
> from the wiki and will no longer bother you with messages like these ;-)
>
> If you do want to and can help us out, please subscribe to our team list
> where we coordinate translation tasks, schedule meetings, and discuss
> any topics related to Mageia and translation that affect us. To
> subscribe to this list just visit
> https://www.mageia.org/mailman/listinfo/mageia-i18n or send an email to
> mageia-i18n-request at mageia.org with 'subscribe' as the subject. Of
> further interest to getting started, please see the page at
> http://www.mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=translators:tx_short_guide and
> the section on "Steps for becoming a translator" in particular. Should
> [...]

Hi. I'm here and alive. Though in a rush with my daily life, my work
and family. I' ll help with translations, but only packages. Let me
inform you a bit about Turkish i18n team status. We haven't enough
team members to work on both tx, web pages and blog. Also, as i can
see, we lost our communication after our meeting place, Mandriva
Turkiye had dissolved. But wait, Turkish Mageia community is re-united
on Mageia-tr.  So work will begin soon.