[Mageia-i18n] Meeting planning

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 7 15:07:36 CET 2011

Am Montag 07 März 2011, 14:48:49 schrieb Wolfgang Bornath:
> Last week's non-meeting was caused by personal reasons.
As a matter of fact, I have to apologize as well. I knew in advance that I
couldn't attend. We had some festivities in the town I live and I had duty
with the fire department (as I already wrote). I just forgot to write that to
the list soon enough.

> But it also
> showed that our system has weak points. So I suggest:
>
> 1. Meetings should not be entered in the calendar to be repeated
> automatically, they must be entered by Oliver or me only for the
> single meeting, not as a repeating schedule. This way people can be
> sure that a meeting which is scheduled in the calendar will really
> happen.
>
> 2. We (Oliver and I) should stick to the habit of sending a mail
> announcement in addition to the calendar entry, for 3 purposes:
>  - to confirm the meeting and for those who do not scan the calendar
> regularly; - to list the topics of the agenda so attendees can prepare for
> the meeting; - to give the opportunity to suggest other topics or suggest
> to postpone topics for whatever reasons.
I concur. Both ideas sound good. The two of us (wobo and me) will have to stay
in close communication for this to really work, but I do think, we can manage.

Oliver