[Mageia-i18n] alpha 2 download page update

Remco Rijnders remco at webconquest.com
Thu Mar 17 20:36:31 CET 2011

Hi all,

In todays i18n meeting I had some comments on the English version of the
Alpha 2 download page and it was suggested I post those comments on here.
Please mind you that I'm not a native speaker myself, so I could be wrong
on some things, but I did find that some things read a bit oddly to me in
the English version. On other points, I think the text reads fine but a
small correction could clarify things better.

My comments are the following:

- "If you are looking for a stable Linux system, you may prefer to wait
   for later releases of Mageia.". >>> Would that be Beta 1? Or should we
say that they better wait for the first official release? And does this
text imply that other distributions are not stable? Perhaps make it
explicitly specific to Mageia.

- "You still want to download Mageia Alpha 2?  Ok. So first,
   presentations". >>> If you start with a "first", there should be a
"secondly" following it, which I don't see.

- "Yes! This release is still rough, and so will be the next one, but even
   better!". >>> It is clear to me what is intended here, but this could be
interpretated as "The next release will be even rougher", not the message
we want to get across I think.

- "Yes, this is a rather rough download page, for now. But it is good in
   that it could make this alpha download less attractive to
   non-developers.". >>> I think this part is best left out of the final
page all together. Do we really want to say that we want a page to be less
attractive to non-developers? The ISO-images perhaps, but surely not the
page itself? Will there be a next version of this page that will be more
'polished'? All in all, this seems more of a comment that has a place in
drafting the download page before publishing it than keeping it in the
final version.

Ok, so that's all for now. I managed to write more comments on the page
than the original page is in length, my apologies for that.

Please do with it as you best see fit (update page, ignore this post,
challenge my comments, etc. :-)

Sincerely,

Remmy