[Mageia-i18n] Meeting Thursday, March 31

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 30 20:03:56 CEST 2011

2011/3/30 lebarhon <lebarhon at free.fr>:
> Le 30/03/2011 13:18, Oliver Burger a écrit :
> I created the projects for most of the software we have to translate and
> uploaded the resources (aka pot files).
> You can now go on and fetch your po files from our svn and upload them into
> Tx.
>
> I no longer understand anything to this organization ! I thought this was
> only possible for the commiters ?
Only the commiters will be able to upload anything FROM Tx TO svn.
Downloading FROM svn and uploading it TO Tx anybody can do.

> You make me feel like an idiot because all am I able to do is :
> log in into https://transifex.mageia.org/
> click on any project I like
> click on the ressource, the language and then "Translate now"
> Is this right ?
There should be a button "upload file", with this you should be able
to upload a file from the list I posted.
If there isn't such a button we have to fine-tune the permissions.

> What is the method for an offline translation ?
Either you choose the online option or you download a file for
translation, open it in the po editor of your choice, translate and
upload it again.

I only have tethering via my smart phone in the evening, so please try
and give us feedback. I will answer more fully in the morning.

Oliver