[Mageia-i18n] Website to translate

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Wed May 25 16:41:58 CEST 2011

Le mercredi 25 mai 2011 à 12:36 +0200, Romain d'Alverny a écrit :
> On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 11:47, Zé <mmodem00 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > 2011/5/25 Romain d'Alverny <rdalverny at gmail.com>:
> >> Making a distinction between pt and pt-br is probably the same as
> >> between fr and fr-ch or fr-ca or es, es-ca, es-ar, etc. [...]
> > No, its not the same, there are major differences,
>
> I know that. As there are between fr, fr-ch, fr-ca, and so on. As I
> saif, that's not a perfect solution but we live with it for now.
>
> >> Now, if you would like to have pt-br and pt branches separate, have
> >> two teams available to manage these. Thanks.
> > As said above they already exist, maybe you should have checked that
> > before revert the changes.
> >
> > So please put back the pt translation back.
>
> If you can provide me with the same branch ported into pt, and have
> the pt-br branch managed as well, fine, let's do it (but then you do
> let some team peer create the language branch and move contents for
> that). But without having those branches (and identified i18n
> committers to both), I don't see the urge to re-split these in two.
>
> > And by the way i did discussed this with misc before continue the
> > translation work and he also agrreed that would be correct to be
> > pt_BR.
>
> misc is not in i18n or web team atm - and the Web site is not managed
> by the same people/tools/processes as the distribution packages.

For the record, I said  they should be separated, but
1) that it should be seen with web team ( said twice and mentioned
specifically romain on irc ), as the website is currently being prepared
for the release

2) never said anything about splitting _now_ ( but I guess i didn't
mention "do this later" ).

So I guess that as usual, people didn't pay attention to what I wrote.

--
Michael Scherer