[Mageia-i18n] Website to translate

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Wed May 25 12:36:08 CEST 2011

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 11:47, Zé <mmodem00 at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/5/25 Romain d'Alverny <rdalverny at gmail.com>:
>> Making a distinction between pt and pt-br is probably the same as
>> between fr and fr-ch or fr-ca or es, es-ca, es-ar, etc. [...]
> No, its not the same, there are major differences,

I know that. As there are between fr, fr-ch, fr-ca, and so on. As I
saif, that's not a perfect solution but we live with it for now.

>> Now, if you would like to have pt-br and pt branches separate, have
>> two teams available to manage these. Thanks.
> As said above they already exist, maybe you should have checked that
> before revert the changes.
>
> So please put back the pt translation back.

If you can provide me with the same branch ported into pt, and have
the pt-br branch managed as well, fine, let's do it (but then you do
let some team peer create the language branch and move contents for
that). But without having those branches (and identified i18n
committers to both), I don't see the urge to re-split these in two.

> And by the way i did discussed this with misc before continue the
> translation work and he also agrreed that would be correct to be
> pt_BR.

misc is not in i18n or web team atm - and the Web site is not managed
by the same people/tools/processes as the distribution packages.

> I think you should really have checked first before undone all the
> work i have commited.

You should have discussed this and checked first with both Web and
i18n team, who, what, how, why could be done.

> You also need to create 2 different entries in the mageia webpage, one
> for Portuguese and other for Portuguese Brasilian.

See above. For all the rest, Rémi answered to you already. This is
really the kind of change you don't push a few days before a major
release without discussing it with the team.

Romain