[Mageia-i18n] Website to translate

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Mon May 30 00:07:54 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 07:52, Zé <mmodem00 at gmail.com> wrote:
> And yes i can take the website alone, in fact its already done.
> Also thought that would be welcome a portuguese translation that would
> please and call portuguese users into mageia since would be a distro
> with a web pt entry.

Sure.

> I dont understand why this is a kind of thing that would be better to
> do after a freeze since the pt translation already exists, would only
> force some minor changes.

We're just not enough to distribute checking/double checking things
right now when we're just in the release rush. The focus now is only:
Mageia 1 release.

> Yes i could had called this to be discussed but i didnt thought would
> it be necessary, thought would be welcome and the necessary steps to
> put it available would be easily done and would not cause this kind of
> issue, but im still here so that i can help it what is needed.

So, for after the release (that is, really, starting the Monday after
the release):
 1. you're in charge of pt(-pt) translations of the web site and can
push the first translations; here or on the svn but with a request
first for: moving things around (current pt into pt-br, creating pt),
revision of your content,e tc., so Oliver, Damien and I know what
needs to be reviewed;
 2. do we have people who can take pt-br in charge as well and maintain it?

Romain