[Mageia-i18n] Script for non tx translation work (was: Re: Upcoming i18n freeze)

Filip Komar filip.komar at gmail.com
Fri May 4 19:51:50 CEST 2012

On 10 March 2012 13:28, Remco Rijnders <remco at webconquest.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Because of the problems we've been having with transifex, I have chosen to
> translate without it. This brought up a new problem for me: Which .po files
> need to be worked on and which not?
>
> I have created a small shell script to help me with this, and am sharing
> it in the hope that you may find a use for it as well.
>
> The script, which needs the package 'gettext' installed on your system,
> pulls from svn (no password required) the latest files and shows you which
> files contain fuzzy or untranslated strings so you can edit those files
> directly. Furthermore, you need a recent version of bash on your system
> (the one shipped with Mageia 1 should do the trick).
>
> It does this by creating a directory for each project in the directory
> from which you run this script. So, best might be to start with an empty
> directory to run this from!
>
> The only configuration this script needs is for you to select the proper
> lang.po to check at the top.
>
> I hope this is of use to you.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Remmy

Thanks to Remmy I'm testing somewhat expanded version of his script. For
now it shows and logs changed chosen language and pot files and some other
useful functions. It already helps me discover changes in svn. I will also
post it here after testing. Would such a bash script be useful also to
sysadmins as we really need some notification of pot files changes in svn?

Today I already discovered that DrakX.pot file has changed yesterday.

http://svnweb.mageia.org/soft/drakx/trunk/perl-install/install/share/po/DrakX.pot?view=log

PS. One question for Remmy. Why did you mentioned svn commit access? Have
you expand your script too?

Have a nice weekend,
Filip.