[Mageia-i18n] Script for non tx translation work (was: Re: Upcoming i18n freeze)

Remco Rijnders remco at webconquest.com
Tue May 8 17:31:31 CEST 2012

On Fri, May 04, 2012 at 07:51:50PM +0200, Filip wrote in
<CAPDQr5JGwA7TxypFt17z7kDFUfAZoxXyiv-XRgJgqcu2Sd+RHQ at mail.gmail.com>:
>On 10 March 2012 13:28, Remco Rijnders <remco at webconquest.com> wrote:
>
>> The script, which needs the package 'gettext' installed on your system,
>> pulls from svn (no password required) the latest files and shows you which
>> files contain fuzzy or untranslated strings so you can edit those files
>> directly. Furthermore, you need a recent version of bash on your system
>> (the one shipped with Mageia 1 should do the trick).
>
>Thanks to Remmy I'm testing somewhat expanded version of his script. For
>now it shows and logs changed chosen language and pot files and some other
>useful functions. It already helps me discover changes in svn. I will also
>post it here after testing. Would such a bash script be useful also to
>sysadmins as we really need some notification of pot files changes in svn?
>
>Today I already discovered that DrakX.pot file has changed yesterday.
>
>http://svnweb.mageia.org/soft/drakx/trunk/perl-install/install/share/po/DrakX.pot?view=log
>
>PS. One question for Remmy. Why did you mentioned svn commit access? Have
>you expand your script too?

Hi Filip,

Do you mean "pulls from svn (no password required)" when you write "Why
did you mentioned svn commit access?" ? This because I don't see me
mentioning commit access anywhere else.

After sending my email on March 10th, I discovered that I could not commit
the edits I made if I used just the anonymous svn checkout. With svn+ssh
it does work.

Glad that you find my little script of use :-)

Cheers,

Remmy