[Mageia-i18n] [doc-discuss] Hello

Rémi Verschelde remi at verschelde.fr
Sat Sep 8 11:19:12 CEST 2012

2012/9/8 Marja van Waes <marja11 at xs4all.nl>:

> On 08/09/2012 03:06, jorgosv at gmail.com wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> I would like to contribute, by writing/proofreading in the wiki or
>> by helping translate Mageia from English into Greek and/or
>> Icelandic.
>>
>> George (username: "snevog" )

Hi George, and welcome to the Internationalization (i18n) team!

> too, if you didn't already do that.

Make sure that you subscribe to the i18n mailing list if you are
willing to help with translating Mageia, it is our main means of
communication between the various translation teams.

[...]
> However, I don't know what the current status of Icelandic in Mageia
> is. There is a Greek team, but we don't have an Icelandic team, yet
> https://wiki.mageia.org/en/I18n_teams#Greek (scroll down to see the
> Icelandic team is missing)
>
> If your Mageia install isn't fully in Icelandic yet, or if using MCC
> you see English screens instead of Icelandic ones, it is probably
> better to work on improving that before working on the help or the
> wiki. (Wiki's in other languages will be started when the wiki is
> upgraded and the translate add-on installed).

As Marja said, we don't have an Icelandic translation team yet, so it
would be great if you could start it! You can also join the Greek
translation team if you are willing to, just send a mail to the Greek
translators listed on the wiki.

Please have a look at
https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Internationalisation_Team_(i18n) for more
information on the i18n team. If you step up for the Icelandic
translation team, in my opinion it would be good to focus on string
translation at first: you should check the Subversion repository
(svnweb.mageia.org/soft) for is.po files, complete them and then
commit them back. If you are not used to the pot/po translation system
or to SVN, feel free to ask for support on this mailing list or on
IRC.

Regards,
Rémi / Akien