[Mageia-i18n] Longer lifecycle comment on our web site and some more

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 09:18:17 CEST 2012

Hi!

2012/9/25 Filip Komar <filip.komar at gmail.com>:
> <Ovocean> Hi, I'm just discovering Mageia, browsed the website a bit
> and... well it's looking clean but the organization of information is
> rather strange, unintuitive.
> <Ovocean> For example, "About us" tab should be just "About" since
> it's about the distro, not only the organization

The whole tab is about the project and the organization. Its contents
may be a bit lagging however at this time.

> I don't fully agree with the last comment but we should decide and
> announce lifecycle.
>
> Any information or comment?

Yeah, we should update that - and ideally, the QA team should be aware
and proposing for this Support tab contents. Release cycle is ~9
month, support cycle is at least 18 months. I don't remember/can't
find a reference about a decided long-term maintenance
(http://blog.mageia.org/en/2011/07/17/mageia-2-release-cycle-support-and-planning/
at least).