[Mageia-i18n] What was wrong with Transifex?
oliver.bgr at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 12:30:32 CEST 2013
Just to summarize for those of you, who were not with us in the beginning:
- It was decided to use a web plattform, that can be used with our mageia
- At that time we opted for tx, because it "looked good"
- Tx always was a pain for me and akien because it does not have an svn
integration, so we had to sync manually between the svn and the tx database
- At some time something broke inside the tx database, we were never quite
sure, what it was but it resulted in having loads of untranslated strings
in the po files although they were translated in tx
- When our servers were updated from Mdv2010.1 (which they were using in
the beginning) to Mga1, something broke, misc (our then tx maintainer) who
did try to solve it never found out, what it was, it must have been
something with the underlying software (python, django, postgres, whatever)
So yes, we do need a web platform. It should be
- easy to use for those i18n people who are not fond of using svn
- easy to maintain for the i18n team leaders (meaning it SHOULD have an svn
- easy to maintain for our sysadmins
- give those people who prefer working directly with svn the freedom to do
As I see it, tx.net can't do that, but if you show me I'm wrong, I'm glad
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mageia-i18n