[Mageia-i18n] web page suggestion

Filip Komar filip.komar at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 15:04:44 CET 2013

Hi all.

On 2 February 2013 12:03, Romain d'Alverny <rdalverny at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2013/2/2 Joita Dan-Marian <djmarian4u at hotmail.com>:
>> If you guys consider any of a. and b. can be added to the web page I will
>> try to help. I am no software developer though, I preferred chemistry
>> instead of programming.
>
> A possible solution is to use the <abbr> tag, although it's not really
> its purpose here:
>
>  # ../../svn/web/en/3/index.php +135
>  ;Network installer + nonfree firmware CD
> -CD de instalare prin rețea + microcod proprietar
> +CD de instalare prin rețea + <abbr title="firmware">microcod</abbr> proprietar
>
> On click device, when hovering the "microcod" word with the pointer,
> the "firmware" label appears. On a touch device, I'm not sure.
>
> Other ideas?

In "street" Slovene language there is also a lot of English IT words
as our language experts can't follow technology as fast as it goes.
Sometimes translated words are not accepted well or at least fast.
Rarely I come across with such a word and I try to get away with
original English word in parenthesis. Romain's suggestion seems better
to me. Unfortunately not very intuitive so it should be mentioned in
our wiki.

Greetings,
Filip.