[Mageia-marketing] Logos (was I'm back)

trish at thefrasers.org trish at thefrasers.org
Thu Dec 2 15:23:25 CET 2010

> On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 13:32, Graham Lauder <yorick_ at openoffice.org>
> wrote:
>> Only Gejobi, AlexN83 and Ofaurax have contributions that fit
>> all the ideal criteria from my POV.  Scaleability, Uniqueness and
>> attractiveness  I would look amongst those submissions pick one device
>> that seems the best and most popular I think there has been enough
>> discussion to get a handle on the communities feel
>
> Ok, great. So, to be specific, there are severals of these, that means
> those proposals fit for you:
>  * AlexN83:
>    - http://www.flickr.com/photos/54316230@N06/5141934927/
>    - http://www.flickr.com/photos/54316230@N06/5095733855/
>    - http://www.flickr.com/photos/54316230@N06/5081228522/
>    - http://www.flickr.com/photos/54316230@N06/5063070488/
>  * Gejobi:
>    - http://www.flickr.com/photos/42998910@N02/5008234829/
>    - http://www.flickr.com/photos/42998910@N02/5012718103/ (variants
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/42998910@N02/5078260989/ )
>    - http://www.flickr.com/photos/42998910@N02/5053406283/
>  * ofaurax:
>    - http://www.flickr.com/photos/ofaurax/5127775007/
>
> Can I give this to founders as the team POV or other proposals caught
> for anyone else?

I'm fine with this; I don't personally like the ofaurax one, but that
doesn't matter - lots of the community members like it!

I do think this next bit is important:

>> and then throw that back to only those
>> three artists and say "Give us a proposal"  Select the artist with best
>> rendition by community vote and then get that artist to design pallet,
>> banners CD labels and so on with the assistance of the rest of the art
>>  project.

Also to the point: ask them please to get their successful logo in line
with the requirements if it isn't already (alexn83 logos are all very
close to Mandriva colours, have stars etc, for instance).

> Well, we expect to sort one final entry by Monday. We'll see with
> founders if we amend this but I'm not sure.

Shouldn't be necessary, should it? The community only really likes a small
subset, and only a small subset of the community actually commented...!

Cheers,

TrishF42