[Mageia-marketing] Plan - stuff to do pre Beta 1 release

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 5 20:17:05 CEST 2011

2011/4/5 Patricia Fraser <trish at thefrasers.org>:

>> > I'm feeling a bit confused here.
>> >
>> > Is there actually anything wanted from the marcomm team of 1, or
>> > not?
>> >
>> > If not, then is there a reason to have the team at all?
>>
>> My point of view for now :) :
>>
>> We should prepare all process for beta2 and next releases. Time is a
>> bit short for beta1. It took time to release isos and on my side I'm
>> just finalizing things. What I suggest is formalize this for beta2.
>> WDYT ?
>
> Sounds good. Marcomm needs *lots* more input and feedback from the
> council about what's expected; we need council support to get an
> actual team rebuilt - and we need to get that process formalised, yes.
>
> I'm out of town from the middle of tomorrow until the weekend, but
> I'd like to get started on the pre-Beta 2 stuff at the start of next
> week; how does that sound?

I'm looking forward to your ideas. From my point of view there isn't
that much to organize:

1. Announcement for forum, blog and mailing lists has/have to be
written (who does this?)

2. Announcements have to be sent to these internal platforms (who does this?)

3. Entries in /. and DW have to be made/sent (who does this?)

4. Announcements will be localized and spread worldwide by i18n

What else?

--
wobo