[Mageia-marketing] Plan - stuff to do pre Beta 1 release

Patricia Fraser trish at thefrasers.org
Wed Apr 6 14:09:28 CEST 2011

Comments inline:

> > 1. Announcement for forum, blog and mailing lists has/have to be
> > written (who does this?)
>
> Ennael appears to have written the one for Alpha 1. Whether or not
> she actually wrote it is beside the point.
>
> I think she's the logical spokesperson for, lack of a better term,
> the corporate face of Mageia.
>
> Now, having said that, perhaps it is time to bring up how
> grammatically atrocious the English version of that blog
> announcement was. It's obvious that even the wind of that release
> announcement never came through this committee - which is an
> obvious case in point.

Yep - and the current one's not a lot better. Lots of opportunities
are also being missed to put a communication-type wrapper around it
that speaks about what kind of community we are  - must be fixed for
Final, if not for Beta2.

> I also concur with Patricia regarding what we refer to in technical
> terms, a *Role Account*, for the dissemination of Press releases,
> news articles, etc., for places like below...

Role account; also advisory to the board on presenting Mageia outside
the core community.

> > 3. Entries in /. and DW have to be made/sent (who does this?)
>
> One thing the rest of us don't have to wait on is decide where in
> the cloud we're going to put our master spreadsheets for our media
> contacts.

Can we have some server space and a CRM, and who do we ask for that?
What I'd like to be able to tell new marcom people is: go to here
<link>, use your Mageia ID to log in, have at it.

I'd also like something like the Wiki we used with Graham to work out
the Vision and so on - that was very good for teamwork, even with us
being in different timezones. Any ideas? Then we can sandbox our
writings for people to look at and comment on (on the list maybe?) so
we can refine it.

> We've got about an hour less than we did when I made my last post to
> this list, until the release of Mageia 1 Stable, in June.

Even less now!

If we could get the CRM and sandbox/marcomm wiki area set up by the
start of next week, we can get cracking.

And: who's team leader for Artwork? I know Alex is doing a lot of the
creative stuff, but we should feed stuff through the team leader -
requests for artwork to go with writings, collaborate on
posters/banners/whatever...

Cheers!

--
Trish Fraser, JD9R RQ2D