[Mageia-marketing] Plan - stuff to do pre Beta 1 release

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 6 15:42:05 CEST 2011

2011/4/6 Patricia Fraser <trish at thefrasers.org>:
> 8-)
>
>> "USE THE WIKI" Was NOT not appreciated, nor was it an acceptable
>> answer!
>
> What he said (but softer). (He's been up all night: cut him some
> slack.)

Yeah, I was up all night then slept a bit, now I'm soft enough :)

> We actually need to put in place right now those things that will be
> permanent:

Yes, as some other teams have done already.

> - a wiki/sandbox area for marcomm writings, including
> everything that is an official Mageia communication to the world

There my answer was: the existing wiki. It is temporarily but it has
been said over and over again that the contents will be transferred
when the final wiki is ready. I do not understand what is so
unacceptable here.

> - a CRM setup to
>        - collect and collate all marketing/comms contacts
>        - track all the contacts made, info sent out, press releases
>          issued...
>
> Now - do we go to Sysadmin for this? Who can we ask for assistance
> with design? Who can we ask for assistance with tweaking if it isn't
> quite right first up?

As Romain already explained and has been done by everybody else in
need of something: ask the sysadmin team. They are in charge for this,
they can (and they did) evaluate, discuss and implement what the teams
need (example: transifex for the translators).

--
wobo