[Mageia-marketing] Mageia marketing plan is on the way, proposals and team reports needed

Patricia Fraser trish at thefrasers.org
Wed Apr 13 21:35:46 CEST 2011

Hi Marcello!

> i'm working on a Marketing plan for Mageia in order to define a
> coherent growth of the project, both in the "hard"  side and in the
> "soft" side of it.

Great to see you back! We've missed you!

I'm just about to set up an area off the team page on the temporary
wiki, for us to sandbox stuff just like this.

When we develop ideas that will be used officially by Mageia, we need
to do three steps:

- find out what's actually needed and wanted, and in what order;
- brainstorm on the wiki and produce it (often in collaboration with
  the artwork team;
- put it up for comment by the council and teams (to make sure we're
  expressing what they want expressed

Then we can have a final version (which might still evolve over time).

I'll post a link to this list for the sandbox in a little while; then
we can start gathering our to-do list.

Some things that jump to mind: see Romain's earlier email for
some current stuff; we also have preparation to do for the
announcements for Mageia 1 Final; we should also put together our
input into the way the website will look, and what text we need to
provide for that.

These things aren't perhaps so visionary as your suggestions, but we
do need them very soon! I hope our marketing visions can evolve from
these, with lots of community input, as we do things in the next few
weeks.

Cheers,

--
Trish Fraser, JD9R RQ2D