[Mageia-marketing] community representation / 3 ideas

Patricia Fraser trish at thefrasers.org
Wed Apr 13 21:56:00 CEST 2011

Hi Romain,

>  * http://bonjourmageia.fr - goal is to show the regular activity or
> people working in the project - it's a daily gallery: one day, one
> focus on someone, something with an optional very short story and/or
> link for further info - it's almost a meme here in France, and there
> are certainly equivalents in other locales/places (see examples:
> http://www.bonjourlechat.fr/ - http://www.bonjourponey.fr/ -
> http://www.bonjourlechien.com/ and http://www.bonjourmozilla.fr/
> that is of course more suited to what we had in mind. Status: not
> set, needs daily photo updates, with at least one month planned in
> advance, regular editorial maintainance expected, needs someone and
> a go.

I like this a lot. How do the contributions happen? Do we ask
community members to write stuff up/provide photos? This team is kind
of thin on the ground for doing something of this size, at the
moment, but it remains a good idea all the same.

>  * hugs.mageia.org - goal is to promote respect, friendship and fun
> within the project - would any conversation turn not so well, this
> would be the occasional, more friendly alternative - it's next to
> absurd and sensible, that's the fun part of it - it's a very
> short/small page, publishing a _random_ "free hugs"-like photo of
> actual Mageia contributors - with of course the possibility to grow
> the photos set. Status: not set, production mockup ready, very low
> maintainance, just needs a go.

Do you have any examples of what this might look like?

>  * people profiles - goal is to allow (not force) any user having a
> Mageia account, to have a profile page with her
> profile/activities/roles/teams/updates within the project. Status:
> not set, not thoroughly discussed, would need further development,
> needs a discussion/go first.

I like this one too - I'd especially like to see board/council people
having profiles, but it would be great to have user profile pages,
team members and so on.

Looking forward to reading others' ideas on this.

Cheers,

--
Trish Fraser, JD9R RQ2D
52.4161N,16.9303E