[Mageia-marketing] Meeting?

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 13:46:05 CET 2011

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 16:44, Marcello Anni <marcello.anni at alice.it> wrote:
> hi there,
> i give you some proposals to discuss in the next meeting (next thursday for me
> it's ok):

Actually, the more we go further, the more I'd like we try to get rid
of meetings (or use them sparringly just for quick votes on decisions
layed out on the list before with stakeholders) and get the team
driven by actions and deadlines, using the list as a common meeting
point.

>>  - marketing/communication teams merge, collaboration _and_ setup
>> (having a set of temporary first contact/representative/leaders for
>> the team, to animate and manage it)
>>  - team(s) roadmap

See the meeting logs about this.

>>  - start discussing web editorial strategy
>        - easy translation system of every websites (to be decided together with
> i18n-list)

Discussing on i18n started it seems :-)

>>  - start discussing about alpha release management later this month
>>  - think of the roadmap for this year for Mageia;
>>  - discuss coming FOSDEM if people want

See the above meeting notes too.

>>  - other topic?
> - coming back to marketing strategy:
>    * vision creation
>    * mission creation
>    * slogan creation

Some work was started in this regard and it may be usesul to start it over.

> - start thinking to every means useful to promote mageia (youtube promotional
> videos, demonstration videos, creation of a well-organized wikipedia page
> etc..)

Yep.

> - start thinking to a mageia version of mandriva-ideas page (to be renewed and
> improved)
> - status of web-services (+ldap implementation)->useful to a good brand and
> product promotion

These require either more time either more contributors either more
(full time) contributors than we have at this time (no way we start
the ideas app before we closed the
bugzilla/maintdb/forum/wiki/epoll/calendar steps).

> - election of a vice-leader (useful until graham will come back)

There is no leader in the team yet, so with all respect due to graham
and his great investment from the first day, team leader, deputy
leader and representative places are still open. And for an election
to happen needs team peers to be named (those who can vote/be
elected).

> - artwork status

 * logo refinements/experiments in progress - some collector tshirts
will be available (on sale) at FOSDEM hopefully + stickers (collector,
because it's not the final logo that's printed on it)
 * packages artwork replacement almost started, which tasks is
blocking for the alpha release

> - necessary means to be in touch with other teams

What do you suggest? Email, lists and IRC is mostly the most used at
this time. I fear the forum won't be an option to have everyone agree
on (it's only a complementary thing).

As these make for very different topics, it would be good to have them
listed on the marketing page and, if to discuss those more
specifically, start a distinct thread.

Cheers!

Romain