[Mageia-marketing] Consolidation of email list and forum mediums

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 24 22:04:13 CET 2011

2011/1/24 Bradley D. Thornton <Bradley at northtech.us>:

> It really depends on the particular needs of any activity, yet I'm a big
> proponent for the consolodation of many projects between email lists and
> forums, as it relates to the preferences of the participants.
>
> This provides a choice for the participant, native to their respective
> comfort zones, without breaking either medium, and without forcing
> someone to adopt one medium or the other in order to participate in the
> discussions.

Yes, I am aware of the need to cater to 2 worlds, we discussed this
many times at length at Mandriva and again in the beginning of Mageia.
There is already a list2forum gateway in place, created and maintained
by tux99
http://mageia.linuxtech.net/forum/

Whether this is temporary or not, we will see. Gmane has turned out to
be unreliable, as reported in some mails. I myself experienced serious
lags with Gmane (mails turned up in Gmane hours later).

wobo