[Mageia-marketing] Consolidation of email list and forum mediums

Bradley D. Thornton Bradley at NorthTech.US
Mon Jan 24 22:45:35 CET 2011

On 01/24/2011 01:04 PM, Wolfgang Bornath wrote:

> There is already a list2forum gateway in place, created and maintained
> by tux99
> http://mageia.linuxtech.net/forum/

Oh, sweet! He's using FudForum - one of my favs and  stable as all getup!

Romain, don't you think we should have a link to the forum on the wiki page?

> Whether this is temporary or not, we will see.

Yes, The last messages are from November, while other lists are as
current as today.

I think we need to address this issue (With *tux99* ???).

Also, as it is pointed out at the link above, One is still required to
subscribe to the mailing list in order for their forum posts to
propagate to the list.

I see this as an ideal solution, Wolfgang, to the problem you brought up
about the lists/forums ending up almost split into two different sets of
subscribers.

We need to make sure that we consolodate all of our marcom resources
into a single pool of people instead of allowing it to splinter, based
on the communications medium that someone prefers.

This gateway will solve that problem, and AFAIC, FudForum is much nicer
than PhpBB anyway.

I've built many of both, and I just don't have the problems w/FudForum
that I do with PhpBB.

Gmane has turned out to