[Mageia-marketing] 2011/week 17 review

Romain d'Alverny rda at mageia.org
Fri May 6 13:28:26 CEST 2011

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 11:45, Wolfgang Bornath <molch.b at googlemail.com> wrote:
> 2011/5/6 Romain d'Alverny <rda at mageia.org>:
>>>  - what about stickers?
>>
>> I'll get some from Damien next week (same FOSDEM series so far).
>
> The events are next week, so this is too late (for Berlin). :(

I'm getting those on Monday - I will only bring them with me on
Thursday, indeed.

>>>  - what about a CD label to offer along with CDs burned on location?
>>
>> Needs a design - are there templates for that? we could at least make
>> a basic one with just the logo.
>
> Can we have that for next Wednesday?

I think ennael is on this.

> It's not so much about "short on material", there's a lot which could
> have been done (like nice CD/DVD labels, a nice screen presentation,
> graphical flyer layout with a general text to be translated and used
> in different countries, etc.
>
> At least these major European events have been known to come for many
> months (even listed as milestones in the wiki) and it looks as if I
> was the only one asking constantly for these kinds of things (starting
> in late February/March). IMHO these practical needs were a bit
> neglected because everybody in this section was occupied by
> discussions about marketing theories. Sorry to say that, but this is
> how it looks in reality.

Or too busy on other bits of the project or elsewhere. So that
naturally leaves more room for discussions, indeed, instead of getting
more things done and released.

Maybe having a time plan layed out in a more practical way + assigned
tasks (making it more visual/obvious to more people) could help a bit
more.

Romain