[Mageia-marketing] 2011/week 17 review

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Fri May 6 11:45:11 CEST 2011

2011/5/6 Romain d'Alverny <rda at mageia.org>:
> On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 23:10, Wolfgang Bornath <molch.b at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>  - do we have some kind of marketing there except for the poster and
>> the t-shirts?
>
> Not that I know of here.
>
>>  - what about a presentation running on a screen?
>>  - what about stickers?
>
> I'll get some from Damien next week (same FOSDEM series so far).

The events are next week, so this is too late (for Berlin). :(

>>  - what about a CD label to offer along with CDs burned on location?
>
> Needs a design - are there templates for that? we could at least make
> a basic one with just the logo.

Can we have that for next Wednesday?

> We may be short/small on materials so far but then we can focus on
> speaking with people and better identifying where we can do something
> differently.

It's not so much about "short on material", there's a lot which could
have been done (like nice CD/DVD labels, a nice screen presentation,
graphical flyer layout with a general text to be translated and used
in different countries, etc.

At least these major European events have been known to come for many
months (even listed as milestones in the wiki) and it looks as if I
was the only one asking constantly for these kinds of things (starting
in late February/March). IMHO these practical needs were a bit
neglected because everybody in this section was occupied by
discussions about marketing theories. Sorry to say that, but this is
how it looks in reality.

Pls do not take this so much as critic of the past - to late and
useless to discuss - but rather as a hint for marketing tasks for
future events.

--
wobo