[Mageia-marketing] marcom + artwork + web => atelier ?

Rémi Verschelde remi at verschelde.fr
Mon Jun 11 19:03:50 CEST 2012

2012/6/11 Patricia Fraser <trish at thefrasers.org>:
>>  - this team is named "atelier";
>
> ...unless someone can think of a similar name a bit more
> closely-related to magic?

A bit less far-fetched, we could use "communication team" or something
similar, promoting Mageia and communicating about it being probably
the main purpose of the three teams that we want to merge together.

I agree with Sebastien's comment that "atelier" would be hardly
understandable for those who are not implied in the Mageia project and
for new contributors. But if it's a little nickname which purpose is
to be simpler than "Marketing, communication and design team" and
easier to put in the name of a ML, I find it good :)

If it's a nickname and we want something closely-related to magic, I
am pretty sure we can find a lot of ideas such as "scroll",
"grimoire", "alambic" (= "still" in English)... but it may take quite
some time to reach a consensus on which name sounds greater and so on;
I think Romain's idea was that the name should be chosen quickly to be
able to create the team without delay (i.e. creating the ML, and so
on).

>>  - will have a say in whatever happens in this team, only those making
>> and contributing things (so here, actionable designs, working code,
>> graphics or copy, etc.); opinions and feedback from others still
>> welcome, but not enough to move forward;
>
> <beam> I like it. If you want it done, you have to do it yourself
> (standing back and making suggestions isn't considered work!), or at
> least *help*.
>
>> Questions:
>>  - who's going to lead this?
>
> Not to put too fine a point on it, at the moment it looks like you, Max
> and me. Anyone else putting their hands up? Not that I've seen... and
> that's not just for leading, that's for *participating*.

I'd be glad to participate, but I definitely can't lead the project. I
lack time and knowledge to be a real asset in this new team, but I
have been helping a bit with artwork (and a really tiny bit with
marcom), and I look forward to assisting Romain with the website; I am
not a web developer but I have some notions and I might be able to
learn a few things to be of help (such as generating .lang files from
the static EN pages).

Regards,
Rémi / Akien