[Mageia-marketing] marcom + artwork + web => atelier ?

Donald Stewart watersnowrock at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 22:24:11 CEST 2012

On 11 June 2012 17:40, Max Quarterpleen <bogusman222 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 6:23 PM, Donald Stewart <watersnowrock at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Few things, but as always, sorry for the top post. I only have my phone.
>>
>> The name is irrelevant, and it sounding like "magic" also,this was the
>> issues with the previous teams, to many fine details.
>>
>> As for the leadership, I feel that each sub group should still have at
>> least a coordinator, but there is still an overall leader who is responsible
>> for the whole team. I nominate rda for this, with trish and max being the
>> respective chair people.
>>
>> The wiki should still have sections devoted to each sub group, but
>> generally linked from the atelier page. This not only keeps it neat but also
>> reduces work.
>>
>> The goals mga 3 should not be set high, having the core work that we need
>> to do done with time for testing/checking will most likely be enough to keep
>> us easily busy.
>>
>> Finally, the implication that there are so few people in marcom and
>> artwork that actually do anything is getting really annoying, I for one have
>> seen many people, well 3 other than trish and seb working on the release
>> texts, and artwork has many people that work behind scenes, they just aren't
>> so vocal here but that doesn't mean that they don't work.
>

> You weren't in all those meetings that comprised of me, Tumbeliina and one
> other rotating person. They basically went like this: discuss something a
> little bit, decide what needs to get done, call for volunteer, silence.....
> When this pattern repeats itself time and time again, one can't help but get
> a certain feeling.

This is true, it always annoyed me that the meetings were at a time
when I could hardly if ever make it. I do see your point, and I guess
that I haven't been at the point of this frustration.

Either way, hopefully this will solve the problem.

>> While I realise that the release has been tough and stressful on many
>> people and mageia isnt the only thing they need to deal with, but the in
>> fighting and negative feel that has appeared recently must stop if this team
>> is to grow and work together.
>

> I agree. But we should also learn from our past mistakes, that's why we make
> them.
> Bringing up an issue is the first, and most important, step in learning from
> one's mistakes.

The lessons are hopefully really obvious, we need to communicate more,
otherwise we end up with frustration and work going in circles.

We should probably leave this discussion for now and focus on founding
the new group.