[Mageia-marketing] marcom + artwork + web => atelier ?

Max Quarterpleen bogusman222 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 00:39:01 CEST 2012

> We should probably leave this discussion for now and focus on founding

the new group.

I agree.
The way I see it we should have one group (never mind the name) with three
virtual task forces.
The task forces will not be real, just a sort of legacy issue for people
from the old teams to have some initial direction in the new team. Ideally,
everybody will contribute where he or she can.
These three virtual task forces should, however, have a real coordinator.
One person who is in charge of looking out for a specific field. Aside from
that there should be a team leader, who should be one of the task force
leaders.
This way we have a sort of hierarchical structure: Someone willing to work
on web design or a marketing poster or whatnot turns to the appropriate
task coordinator. He or she then discusses with the other two what needs to
be done for this by which task force, then one of these three (it doesn't
really matter who) propagates that information back down to everybody else.
It will work the same way in reverse. The three coordinators come up with
the final list of things that need to be done for Mga3 (with considerable
input and discussion from everybody, of course) and then coordinate the
tasks.
I think that this allows for maximum communication and we don't end up with
the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.
Furthermore, this allows for individual people to come up with their own
ideas, plans, projects and whatnot and then act upon them as part of the
group. Even if in the end they are working alone, the whole group is aware
of what is going on.