[Mageia-marketing] [Mageia-artwork] Splash screens ready

Romain d'Alverny rda at mageia.org
Mon Mar 12 11:19:19 CET 2012

Hi,

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 23:16, Max Quarterpleen <bogusman222 at gmail.com> wrote:
> several reasons behind this decision, but chief among them is the fact that
> those images were a group effort by the entire artwork and marcom teams.

What are the other reasons? Because this one is rather weak:
 - it's not that it's a team effort that makes something good or a fit.
 - it's not because it's a collaborative project that it makes any
fully individual and subjective participation void or misfit.

> Esteban, we greatly appreciate all the hard work that you put in, and
> certainly the initiative that you showed. But Mageia is a community
> distribution, and that means that it is a team effort. A community is not
> merely a collection of individuals, but a group of people who work together.

Which doesn't prevent anyone to propose a full, finished set of
artefacts for a given task (with some choices already made), that may
be improved through collaboration.

> About whether the installer software will support svg images and multiple
> languages... That is a very good idea, but I think it may have simply come
> too late. Maybe next time? That will certainly require a lot of coordination
> with the i18n team as well as packagers.

Define what you need/want + submit it to the installer devs/packagers on -dev.