[Mageia-marketing] Proposal to merge with artwork

Patricia Fraser trish at thefrasers.org
Sat Mar 17 22:45:15 CET 2012

Hi all,

<snip>

> Anyway, my post won't make any difference, but it will serve as an, "I
> told you so", when a new Publicity and Marketing Team is proposed to
> fill this void in a year or so, after enough new blood has joined the
> project so that no one remembers the MarCom team and it's charter ;)

I have to say: there's an awful lot of sense in what Bradley says. In
effect, marcomm is being merged with artwork to help artwork - the
reverse would seem not to be the case.

For the most part, both teams are made up of enthusiastic amateurs;
there aren't so many of us (I'm one, and Bradley's another - stick your
hand up if this next bit applies to you - we could use your skills!) who
have knowledge and experience of what marketing/PR/communication
actually *is*, and can do them.

That said, I think there's an opportunity in this merge for us to get
and give a lot of skills; I've got a few notions about how that might
be done, that I'd like to talk over with the team - maybe an informal
IRC chat/meeting this week?

I don't mind merging the mailing-lists, although if traffic increases,
there could be quite a bit of confusion. I do suggest that we *don't*
merge the irc channels - they're not only used for meetings, and it can
be very good to have a separate place to do collaborative tasks.
(Otherwise, we'll have to do everything on a piratepad.)

Anyway, your Fearless Leader's 2c.

Cheers!
--
Trish Fraser, VVMZ4 91L2V