[Mageia-marketing] Wikipedia wars

Max Quarterpleen bogusman222 at gmail.com
Thu May 17 22:29:09 CEST 2012

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 8:12 PM, Romain d'Alverny <rda at mageia.org> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 1:58 PM, Patricia Fraser <trish at thefrasers.org>
> wrote:
> > I think it's unlikely that we'll get it undeleted, but we can try for a
> > new Mageia page; I'm on it.
>
> >From the discussion and deletion decision, recreating it is completely
> open. Funny things is, it's been 3 votes for deletion, 2 against, so
> it's not like it's a big deal either, it's been only one person needed
> to make it go - and Mageia pages in other languages are not much
> different either.
>
> But, for the new page, sources will be needed to sustain each stance,
> and - I'm not sure how this can be included, maybe as
> sources/references actually - hints to existing coverage (relevant,
> independant articles and reviews) will be needed.

Yeah. I don't think we can quote our own site as a good source.
The 'about' Mageia on Distrowatch is pretty OK.
Here are a couple of articles I remember seeing, there are probably more.
http://linuxblog.darkduck.com/2012/02/eugeni-dodonov-even-while-i-was-at.html
http://desktoplinuxreviews.com/2011/08/02/mageia-1/