[Mageia-sysadm] Mailling list type

Maarten Vanraes maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 17:13:11 CET 2010

Op vrijdag 10 december 2010 13:15:31 schreef Michael Scherer:
> Le vendredi 10 décembre 2010 à 02:47 +0100, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > After thinking hard, I have seen that we will likely need 7 profiles of
> > mailling list ( sympa requires us to choose a profile when creating the
> > list, so instead of using a different one for each list, I have tried to
> > find the common one ).
> >
> > Basically, the only things that would matter are :
> >
> > - who can read the archive : public / private ( if no archive, this is
> > not a ml, this is a alias, thus being handled by postfix, not sympa )
> >
> > - who can subscribe ( and unsubscribe ) : everybody / no one ( ie
> > restricted to some people decided in ldap using a group, or some other
> > systems )
> >
> > - who can post without moderation : everybody / subscriber / a single
> > email / a ldap group
>
> So after checking sympa doc ( and code source ), we face a problem
> here .
>
> Here
> ( http://www.sympa.org/manual/authorization-scenarios#named_filters ),
> this is explained that we can do a query to ldap to find if a email can
> post to a list. So far so good.
>
> But just one query.
>
> And so, I am unable to find a query who can give me the list of email of
> people of a ldap group in our ldap ( as we do not use memberOf )
>
> We have 3 solutions :
> - someone add the support for ldap queries with 2 level in sympa ( as
> this is done for others ldap usage )
>
> - we use slapo-memberof
> ( http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/overlays.html )
>
> - we use slapo-dynlist ( same page )
>
> slapo-memberof seems to be what we want, but this doesn't seems dynamic
> ( ie, we will have to update the 10 existing entries in ldap to make
> them compliant ).
>
> slapo-dynlist seems overkill.
>
> Any LDAP guru to give insight ?

I am totally not a sysadm member, however, i do consider myself an LDAP guru
(since i've written several LDAP administration backends and design).

imo, it's more dynamic to use groups with uniqueMember attributes; of course,
the queries are 2-level that way, however, i mostly wrote or appended to
existing plugins to make it conform that way.

If you wish to make use of it, i can spend some time to modify an existing
LDAP plugin to make it use 2-level query calls.

what language is used, for this plugin?