[Mageia-sysadm] Mailling list type

Michael scherer misc at zarb.org
Fri Dec 10 20:06:52 CET 2010

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 05:13:11PM +0100, Maarten Vanraes wrote:
> Op vrijdag 10 december 2010 13:15:31 schreef Michael Scherer:
>
> imo, it's more dynamic to use groups with uniqueMember attributes; of course,
> the queries are 2-level that way, however, i mostly wrote or appended to
> existing plugins to make it conform that way.
>
> If you wish to make use of it, i can spend some time to modify an existing
> LDAP plugin to make it use 2-level query calls.
>
> what language is used, for this plugin?

this is sympa, and it is perl. But the code of sympa is not the best perl code
I have seen. For exemple, there is some duplication, and it would benefit from
a more modular design regarding datasource, etc.

And the problem is the fact is not a plugin, this is in the main application
( having plugin for this would be nice ). So unless you manage to get it pushed
upstream in a released version, I would not suggest to use it :)

So in the mean time, memberOf would do the trick.