[Mageia-sysadm] ldap deployement

Olivier Thauvin nanardon at nanardon.zarb.org
Tue Nov 2 10:56:39 CET 2010

* Thierry Vignaud (thierry.vignaud at gmail.com) wrote:
> On 29 October 2010 20:45, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:
> > Catalyst permit to use mod_perl, fastcgi, standalone daemon and cgi for
> > deployement. Each have its pros and cons, anyone has a opinion on it ?
>
> fastcgi enables to be http server agnostic (think nginx).
> Otherwise mod_perl & fastcgi should be as fast.
> Dunno for the standalone server

I use Standalone server at work, with apache mod_proxy and it work fine.
Catalyst has a --fork option (if your code support it) and each
connection is handle inside an eval() to ensure it won't stop at first
issue.

I had issue with encoding using fastcgi (the reason I switched to a
standalone server).

CGI method work fine, but catalyst use per design a lot of perl modules,
meaning a lot of perl files to load at each startup, this can cause load
issue.

The only thing I haven't test yet is mod_perl.