[Mageia-sysadm] Main tasks for the next days

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Tue Nov 16 00:12:39 CET 2010

Hello,

As was decided in tonight IRC meeting, the priority tasks for sysadmin in
the next days will be :
 * the configuration of pam_ldap, nss_ldap, and everything needed to
   allow commits from LDAP accounts on SVN
 * the configuration of forums with LDAP accounts (to be finished)
 * the configuration of sympa mailing lists server using LDAP for users
   authentication

We will then be able to provide SVN accounts to more people to work on
other things in parrallel while we finish the setup of the build system.
And create teams mailing lists.

Regarding the packages repository in SVN :
 * we will import all packages from source RPMs, using repsys, splitting
   binary and spec files on separate svn repositories
 * work will start to clean the packages from all Mandriva references,
   logos, copyrighed contents, etc ... When finished, the binary
   repository history will be erased.

Regarding the soft/ repository :
 * misc will send an email to discuss a new soft/ repository
   organisation
 * we will import a copy of the Mandriva soft/ repository as
   svn.mageia.org/soft-cleaning, and will use this repository to clean
   all projects. Each project when ready will be imported in the new
   soft/ repository (when the new organisation has been decided). The
   soft-cleaning repository will only be used to do the cleaning work
   and will be erased when finished.

You can find the meeting logs at this URL :
http://meetbot.mageia.org/mageia-meeting/2010/mageia-meeting.2010-11-15-19.36.html
http://meetbot.mageia.org/mageia-meeting/2010/mageia-meeting.2010-11-15-19.36.log.html

Nicolas