[Mageia-sysadm] modos

Maât maat at vilarem.net
Tue Nov 16 14:17:04 CET 2010

Le 16/11/2010 13:59, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> I am quite concerned by the fact that we already have few public
> informations on what is going on for the forum setup ( or at least, I
> didn't found them ), and as such a private list will not help.
>
> I understand the need for a private list for the moderation part.

This is the goal of the list/alias we are currently speaking of :)

> But discussing new rules and the forum setup is IMO not something that
> warrant a private list, quite the contrary and therefor should be
> separate from the day-to-day operational needs.

Agreed

> Ie :
> "we need to discuss the opportunity creation of a new subforum" =>
> public, as this will impact users and they may have something to say, or
> at least, to know.

Yep and such discussions will be held on subforum dedicated to forum
evolutions/improvements :)

> "we need to know what we do with this misc guy that keep posting
> pictures of nude duck everywhere" => private

Yes :)

> "we need to receive mail when a moderated post is done" => private ( it
> is modearated to not be public, so that's logical to not publish it
> somewhere else ).

Yes also :)

> "we need to discuss the creation of a new rules that forbid the posting
> of duck picture" => public

Indeed (but sometimes we could have to deal privately with rules
enforcements when for example someone found a way to bring trouble while
still abiding by the rules)

> So I propose to create a ml mageia-forumteam, with public archives, and
> later a mageia-forumteam-moderation, for modeartion purpose, with
> private archives.

Atm we need moderation list to start building moderation team and we
need one or 2 more moderators and i want this to be dealt with by
moderators we already recruited through the alias/list so that they
start to train themselves (working together, asking for peer advice,
warning others of current moderation hot events...)+

(For forum evolution i'd rather use a public subforum instead of a
mailing list)

Maât