[Mageia-sysadm] modos

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Tue Nov 16 13:59:27 CET 2010

Le mardi 16 novembre 2010 à 11:56 +0100, Maât a écrit :
> Le 15/11/2010 18:56, Michael Scherer a écrit :

> > 2) Why a alias and not a list ?
> >
> > I thought this was for discussion about the setup of the forum, and this
> > warrant archives, and therefor a list.
> >

> yup in the end we need a private list with non-public archives

I am quite concerned by the fact that we already have few public
informations on what is going on for the forum setup ( or at least, I
didn't found them ), and as such a private list will not help.

I understand the need for a private list for the moderation part.

But discussing new rules and the forum setup is IMO not something that
warrant a private list, quite the contrary and therefor should be
separate from the day-to-day operational needs.

Ie :
"we need to discuss the opportunity creation of a new subforum" =>
public, as this will impact users and they may have something to say, or
at least, to know.

"we need to know what we do with this misc guy that keep posting
pictures of nude duck everywhere" => private

"we need to receive mail when a moderated post is done" => private ( it
is modearated to not be public, so that's logical to not publish it
somewhere else ).

"we need to discuss the creation of a new rules that forbid the posting
of duck picture" => public

So I propose to create a ml mageia-forumteam, with public archives, and
later a mageia-forumteam-moderation, for modeartion purpose, with
private archives.