[Mageia-sysadm] planning for sysadmin task

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Tue Oct 26 18:04:07 CEST 2010

Le mardi 26 octobre 2010 à 18:00 +0200, nicolas vigier a écrit :
> On Sat, 23 Oct 2010, Michael Scherer wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > so now the server are in place, we have to install them. Here is a
> > proposal of the needed services :
> >
> > so as said on the blog, one of the first task should be to migrate dns
> > from zarb to mageia.org.
> > - primary dns ( on alamut )
> > - secondary dns ( at gandi )
>
> As we want to store the DNS config (and everything) in puppet, I think
> the first thing needed now is the main puppet configuration and
> structure.

ok, I will work on it.

> We can use the temporary svn for now to store puppet config (until the
> real svn is available, which will requires LDAP).

Ok for me.

> Then we can have everybody working on the different services setup in
> puppet.

Well, we can also let people setup first ( and document ) and then
migrate and let people learn puppet in the mean time ( for example, with
some kind of paid programming, one that know puppet and that edit the
file and explain to the other one how he achieve the same result in
puppet than doing it by hand ).