[Mageia-sysadm] list of things to do

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Thu Oct 28 19:07:22 CEST 2010

Le jeudi 28 octobre 2010 à 18:38 +0200, nicolas vigier a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> We now have puppet running on the servers thanks to misc.
>
> You can checkout the puppet configuration in svn+ssh://svn.mageia.org/svn/adm/puppet
> (or svn://svn.mageia.org/adm/puppet for anonymous acces).
>
> In puppet/manifests/nodes.pp you can see the list of services that need
> to be configured.
>
> Now we need to see who wants to work on which services.
>
> - LDAP servers and web interface
>    Buchan setup a test server on the gandi VM and developed a web
>    interface. misc plans to work on the setup tomorrow, and I can help
>    too.
>
> - Build system (urli scheduler, youri, iurt on build nodes etc ...)
>    boklm, blino, misc, others ?
>
> - mirror
>    Nanar

- epoll
  -> nanar

- svn ( ie, moving them to valstar, and also set proper and decent hook,
like checking what is commited, send mail, etc, etc ).

> - bugzilla
this includes also trying to import bug from mandriva, or something like
that, and ldap integration.

> - mail server (primary and secondary mx)
I can take this part.

> - mailing lists server
-> sympa, or ennael will kill us :)

> - transifex
transifex requires a rpm, most packages are in cooker, there is just one
or two rpm to take from fedora ( with transifex ). Transifex being a
django application, this can be tricky to deploy. I suggest to use wsgi,
as :
1) cgi is slow
2) mod_python is deprecated ( unfortunatly )
3) fast-cgi with apache is too complex.

I do not plan to do it soon, but I can give a hand on this, or do it if
no one do it before me.

> - mageia.org web site and blogs
this requires working with webteam, so see with rda for details

> - pastebin
personnaly, I do not think it is a high priority task at the moment, and
beware, there is almost nothing packaged ( not even distributed I
think ), yet there is various requirement ( mostly antispam related ).

> - wiki (we need to discuss which software to use)
this is a task that was given to ennael and mrTom, according to last
meeting
( http://meetbot.mageia.org/mageia-meeting/2010/mageia-meeting.2010-10-25-18.35.html )