[Mageia-sysadm] multiple builds on each nodes

Thomas Backlund tmb at iki.fi
Sun Apr 10 14:06:19 CEST 2011

lör 2011-04-09 klockan 17:55 +0300 skrev nicolas vigier:
> Hello,
>
> ulri is now running two builds on each node at the same time.
>
> This improve a lot the average time to have a package built, when a big
> package like libreoffice is in the queue.

Well, many of the bigger builds are io bound and not cpu bound

For example a kernel build isn't capable of using all cpu power
available due to io starvation...

So IMHO we should add a second disc to both buildnodes and move the
second buildbot to the new disc to share the io load.

An other option is of course to set basesystem as raid1 and use the rest
of the disks in raid0 to get faster io too...

--
Thomas