[Mageia-sysadm] http problem on alamut

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Thu Feb 24 15:48:33 CET 2011

Le jeudi 24 février 2011 à 13:56 +0100, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> it seems that each time we reload/restart apache, something gets wrong.
> I had to restart it twice this morning. One time because sympa was in a
> weird state, and another one because catdap was having issues.
>
> So while we need for sure monitoring ( but we all agree on that and
> buchan is working on it ), we also need to understand the problem, ie
> something prevent apache from stopping properly. It could be any of the
> web application, but I would suspect mod_wsgi ( because it was the last
> one to be added ).
>
> Anyone has a idea on where to start ( apart from bisecting the
> configuration in a vm, which I am about to do )

So after some debugging, I have seen the issue is that the httpd process
ignore the SIGTERM sent by the main apache.

It seems to be caused by mod_wsgi, and commit 1051, that tell to
mod_wsgi to let a software register  a callback for signal. Since viewvc
was sending messages in the log, I disabled the check. Since this broke
apache, I reenabled it now.

A proper fix for viewvc should not be too hard to do ( just no time ).