[Mageia-sysadm] Mageia 1 release coming to mirrors

Carlos Carvalho carlos at fisica.ufpr.br
Wed Jun 1 03:42:55 CEST 2011

Michael Scherer (misc at zarb.org) wrote on 1 June 2011 03:07:
 >Le mardi 31 mai 2011 à 18:06 -0300, Carlos Carvalho a écrit :
 >> Mageia Sysadmin Team (root at mageia.org) wrote on 31 May 2011 21:59:
 >>  >The expected size of the new ISOs is 14G.
 >>
 >> Ugh... How about using jigdo? If you create the jigdo/templates we can
 >> build the isos ourselves (at the least the full/tier1 mirrors).
 >
 >Wouldn't it be a tradeoff of using less bandwidth by asking more work to
 >mirror admins ? ( ie, setting up jigdo, a script to rebuild, or a manual
 >run , which mean more coordination ) ?

Big mirrors already have it for other distros, so it won't be a pain.

What I do is exclude the isos, build them here (the jigdo script
automatically calls rsync to adjust times/perms/etc.) then remove the
exclusion. At the next run the isos will be new files but when rsync
looks it finds them already so they're just skiped.

 >How does the update feature work with package indexes ?

I didn't understand.

 >( and how does it work with hybrid iso, as debian seems to see this as
 >problematic, even if I think they may have solved it, I didn't read the
 >http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-cd@lists.debian.org/msg19292.html )

I didn't follow it because it's a repository issue, not a mirror one.