[Mageia-sysadm] [RPM] cauldron core/release tagtool-0.12.3-2.mga1

Tux99 tux99-mga at uridium.org
Thu Mar 3 03:06:30 CET 2011

Like I said previously, this discussion needs to be moved into the Mageia
dev ML, all packagers need to be aware of this and be able to comment, not
just those like me who luckily found this discussion by accident!

Apart from that, sure a user might have many wishes, but in a situation
where the user is NOT a paying customer while the packager is a volunteer
it should be the packager who decides how much of his time he contributes
and privacy he is willing to give up, NOT the users every possible
wishes!

And finally if you simply change from the current situation to publishing
the packagers name/surname/email WITHOUT PRIOR CONSENT of the packagers,
Mageia would be in breach of european privacy laws, this has to be
communicated to packagers first so they have a chance to either opt-out
(worst case by stop being a packager if you leave them no other choice) or
change their names to fake names.

Also there should be a possiblility for packagers to use a different email
address for the changelog entries, not the same one in the mageia identity
db, I for example use a separate unique email address for every separate
purpose, so I can very easily stop spam by blocking off one specific email
address.

--
Mageia ML Forum Gateway: http://mageia.linuxtech.net/forum/