[Mageia-sysadm] [RPM] cauldron core/release tagtool-0.12.3-2.mga1

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Thu Mar 3 04:04:12 CET 2011

On Thu, 03 Mar 2011, Tux99 wrote:

> And finally if you simply change from the current situation to publishing
> the packagers name/surname/email WITHOUT PRIOR CONSENT of the packagers,
> Mageia would be in breach of european privacy laws, this has to be
> communicated to packagers first so they have a chance to either opt-out
> (worst case by stop being a packager if you leave them no other choice) or
> change their names to fake names.

If you don't want your name to be published, you should probably not
open an account with that name. Your name and email will also be published
if you post a message on bugzilla using your identity account. Or should
we remove names and emails from Bugzilla ?

I don't think adding options everywhere to hide packagers name and email
is a priority. If you don't want to receive any email, if you don't want
anyone to be able to contact you, you should probably not be a packager.