[Mageia-sysadm] [RPM] cauldron core/release tagtool-0.12.3-2.mga1

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 3 14:05:28 CET 2011

2011/3/3 Tux99 <tux99-mga at uridium.org>:

> Quote: Wolfgang Bornath wrote on Thu, 03 March 2011 13:48
>>
>> Being a translator will insert my name/mail into the po files.
>> Writing in public places (website, wiki, blog, etc.) will also show my
>> mail address.
>> Being listed in the wiki as member of teams shows my full name (and
>> that of most other people, only very few did not give their names).
>
> That's your choice and I'm happy for you.
> What is your point, are you saying that since you do it everybody must do
> it?

I never said anything about what other people should or must do. I
only gave my personal opinion and experiences which is: I do not see
any problem with giving a full name in such locations.

> BTW, that German Impressum law (which is probably unique worldwide) only
> applies to commercial websites not non-profit ones.

Wrong. It applies to all websites. But this is not the point. The
point is that you can give your full name without being hazardous or
put your privacy in jeopardy. Otherwise this impressum law would have
been heavily criticised (to say the least).

BTW: Read blogs and online articles from people who talk about
privacy, I know of no popular author in this field who does not give
his full name. Does this tell something?

--
wobo