[Mageia-sysadm] Alpha 2 on mirrors

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Tue Mar 15 13:50:32 CET 2011

Le mardi 15 mars 2011 à 13:29 +0100, Olivier Thauvin a écrit :
> * Michael Scherer (misc at zarb.org) wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > ennael asked me to sync the iso on the main mirror, from rabbit to
> > valstar.
> >
> > Here is the quick procedure I followed :
> > - warn on irc
> > - stop puppet
>
> > - disable rsync using xinetd configuration
> > - reload xinetd
>
> And what about mirrors trying to sync cauldron ?... Everything must be
> stopped because 2 iso must be copied from one server to another ?

Well, that's why I said on irc that it could have been smarter.

I have noticed that people do not answer when I do stuff too perfect, so
that was a trap :p

Now, given the fact that this was at most a 30 minutes delay ( if we do
not count the delay due to iso syncing later ), I think this was a
acceptable tradeoff between my lack of neuron and the impact on users
( that I warned ).

> The iso couald have been copied out of the tree then just mv at last
> minute.

Yup. We should by the way clean /distrib/. We do not need mandriva
mirror anymore, I guess.