[Mageia-sysadm] Alpha 2 on mirrors

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 13:40:27 CET 2011

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 13:22, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:
> - write a more complete documentation, ie a SOP
> and take in account the announce part too, etc

What is a SOP? :-p

> - place the documentation elsewhere than on a mail :)

Part of (or along with)
http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=mirrors_policy ; release
policy/procedures?

> - communicate better with mirrors maintainers
>  -> create a list, what about "mirrors-announce at ml" ?
>
> - discuss and agree on what do we keep, for how long, for iso.
> anne told that on mdv, the iso was N and N-1. Purpose is likely
> regression testing, so that would be something nice to have IMHO.

Proposal: for a given development cycle:
 a. public mirrors: keep N-1 stable release + current release (stable
or not); for instance, mageia1-final and mageia2-rc (but not
mageia2-{alpha,beta})
 b. our own mirror: keep all previous (N-x) stable releases, all
unstable current cycle releases (alpha, beta, rc), until stable
release? we can imagine that we don't need to test regressions on
intermediary unstable releases, do we?

How much space does one release cycle weight for ISOs?
 - final stable: 2 DVD: 8,5GB + 1 liveCD: 700MB (+ more?) = ~10GB (a
mirror would then have to dedicate 20GB (N-1, N) for our ISOs)
 - full dev cycle (alpha1, alpha2, beta1, beta2, rc, finale): above x6 = 60GB

Romain