[Mageia-sysadm] Alpha 2 on mirrors

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Tue Mar 15 14:00:06 CET 2011

Le mardi 15 mars 2011 à 13:40 +0100, Romain d'Alverny a écrit :
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 13:22, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:
> > - write a more complete documentation, ie a SOP
> > and take in account the announce part too, etc
>
> What is a SOP? :-p

Standard Operating Procedure
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_operating_procedure

IE documentation, planning, the stuff that we do not really do.

> > - discuss and agree on what do we keep, for how long, for iso.
> > anne told that on mdv, the iso was N and N-1. Purpose is likely
> > regression testing, so that would be something nice to have IMHO.
>
> Proposal: for a given development cycle:
>  a. public mirrors: keep N-1 stable release + current release (stable
> or not); for instance, mageia1-final and mageia2-rc (but not
> mageia2-{alpha,beta})
>  b. our own mirror: keep all previous (N-x) stable releases, all
> unstable current cycle releases (alpha, beta, rc), until stable
> release? we can imagine that we don't need to test regressions on
> intermediary unstable releases, do we?

The question is "how often do we test regression", and who would.
Because at the moment, the answer is "never" and "no one".

I would also maybe store them on rabbit rather than valstar.

> How much space does one release cycle weight for ISOs?
>  - final stable: 2 DVD: 8,5GB + 1 liveCD: 700MB (+ more?) = ~10GB (a
> mirror would then have to dedicate 20GB (N-1, N) for our ISOs)
>  - full dev cycle (alpha1, alpha2, beta1, beta2, rc, finale): above x6 = 60GB

You can add livecds too, as said in the blog announce.