[Mageia-sysadm] Problem on sympa

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Thu Mar 24 02:28:38 CET 2011

Thanks to xymon, I discovered that we are having some problem on
sympa :

[root at alamut bad]# du -sh . ; ls | wc -l ; pwd
949M	.
238206
/var/spool/sympa/msg/bad

It seems that the problem is caused because mailer-daemon is not a valid
alias ( and so the mail is sent to itself in a loop ).

I cleaned the directory and the database, but this will likely cause
problem in a few days again.

We can send mailer-daemon@ on root@, but for the moment, this is sent to
the ml, and usually, mailer-daemon mail are not very interesting.

We can try to sent this to /dev/null, but then, maybe we would lose
potentially interesting mails.

Any idea ?

( we could also prevent loop but the only way I can think of is
reverting r1105 , and set +reject_mail_from_automates_feature on, but
this would break bugzilla ).