[Mageia-sysadm] Problem on sympa

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Thu Mar 24 03:58:08 CET 2011

Le jeudi 24 mars 2011 à 02:28 +0100, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> Thanks to xymon, I discovered that we are having some problem on
> sympa :
>
> [root at alamut bad]# du -sh . ; ls | wc -l ; pwd
> 949M	.
> 238206
> /var/spool/sympa/msg/bad
>
> It seems that the problem is caused because mailer-daemon is not a valid
> alias ( and so the mail is sent to itself in a loop ).
>
> I cleaned the directory and the database, but this will likely cause
> problem in a few days again.
>
> We can send mailer-daemon@ on root@, but for the moment, this is sent to
> the ml, and usually, mailer-daemon mail are not very interesting.

So in order to see if anything interesting is sent on the ml, I have set
a alias to my email.

I have also deployed @group.mageia.org domain, so we can send email for
a complete ldap group.
Main use cases :
- aliases ( root@ postmaster@ -> sysadmin, webmaster@ -> web team, etc )

- voting announce ( as I am sure that not everybody will be on the
proper mailling list, like at Mandriva ... )

- specific announce ( password reset, stuff like that )

I will post more tomorrow.