[Mageia-sysadm] Tier1 Mirrors

Olivier Thauvin nanardon at nanardon.zarb.org
Wed May 4 21:40:35 CEST 2011

* nicolas vigier (boklm at mars-attacks.org) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As we have a proposal for a new Tier1 mirror, we need to decide how many
> tier1 mirrors we want. And maybe rules for minimal bw available on those
> mirrors, and minimal refresh time.
>
> I think we can try to have one Tier1 mirror in :
>  - europe
>  - south america
>  - asia
>  - us
>  - africa

The goal was to limit the count of tier1 to avoid
- big bandwidth usage to our providers
- having a lot of mirrors to contact in case of change on our side.

I don't see interest to have more primary mirror, especially in
africa or asia.

We are talking about Tier1, syncing from america or europe is not a big
deal for africa/asian mirrors.